1. Look up common diseases for the area you will be staying, and take precautions to safe guard yourself from them, before you leave.
2. Bring a list of the names of foods you are allergic to, in the language of the country you will be visiting, so you can make sure and avoid those foods during your visit.
3. Make sure you know which vaccinations you will need to enter the country, there may also be medications you’ll need to take before, during and/or after your trip. Be sure to have your vaccinations well before your trip, just in case you have an adverse reaction to them.
This will give you time to recover before you travel.
4. Be picky about what you eat and drink. If you have any doubts, don’t eat it!
5. Make sure you bring your full health information with you on your trip.
6. Look into joining an association that offers medical care to travelers, before you leave.